This Calculator displays Phases & Aspects between Planets, Nodes, & Angles. It, also, shows whether an aspect is applying or separating.
Input. Enter any or all of the planetary bodies, signs, degrees and minutes. (Round off to ‘0’ if you do not know the minutes.)
Multiple sort options. The default sort uses the Evolutionary Astrology Formula presented by Jeffrey Wolf Green. (See the sidebar.) You may choose other ways to sort the information under Sort Options.
- Planet One. Dependent on the sort chosen and/or the number of planets chosen.
- Planet Two. The comparison planet or point.
- Phase. Similar to Moon phases. New, Crescent, First Quarter, Gibbous, Full, Disseminating, Last Quarter, Balsamic.
- Separation. The plus sign (+) means the faster planet/point has passed from and is separating from the exact aspect by the number of degrees shown. The minus sign (-) signifies the faster planet/point has not made an exact aspect and is applying toward the the other planet by the number of degrees listed.
- Aspect. The name of the aspect listed using the orbs listed in the Aspect/Orb form. If no aspect applies between the two planets/points, “No Aspect” is displayed.
- Degrees. The exact number of degrees of separation between the slower and faster moving planets/points. The Sun will always be considered the slower moving point.
Email. You may send the output to an email address. It will arrive in the email along with an attachment of either a tab-delimited file or a csv file. Tab-delimited files can be imported into Numbers, the Mac spreadsheet program. CSV can be imported into Excel.
TIP: Use the Tab key to move from dropdown to input boxes. From the dropdown, type the 1st letter of a sign and the first sign with that letter will appear. This tips works best with a computer, likely not with a mobile device.
Example: Type ‘c’, Cancer appears, type it again Capricorn appears.
Problems with the tool? Send a note with the issue.
Do you like this tool? Let people know about it.
P.S. Quick Phase Calculator. Try out this quick calculation tool when the phase between only two bodies is necessary. Enter the slower moving body’s information on the left, the faster one’s on the right. Change the orb if desired.